Tuesday, February 07, 2006

tuesday woos

Every couple has areas where they'll never see eye-to-eye. For Alison Delsite Everett, 38, of Steelton, PA, that meant accepting her husband's love of deer hunting. "I'm an animal lover, so I hate it when Chris hunts," she says. "But he understands how much it bothers me, so he'll pack up his gear the night before a hunt; that way I don't have to see him carrying a gun. He even stores his game at his parents' house." In turn, Alison doesn't make snide comments or try to make Chris feel guilty about his pastime. "We've learned to respect each other's opinions, and that's made our marriage stronger," she says.

Of course, every marriage has its own uniquely prickly issue ‑- maybe for you it's time spent with your in-laws, conflicting attitudes about money or differing styles of disciplining the kids. The point is, you can agree to disagree and still have a happy, healthy relationship ‑- if you both accept your differences with grace and good humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home